In a new report Some Suggestions for the New Pensions Minister, published by the Centre for Policy Studies on Friday 15 May, pensions analyst Michael Johnson urges Ros Altmann to continue with the bold reforms that her predecessor began.
Johnson outlines 16 suggestions that focus on encouraging the rebirth of a savings culture. From the Treasury’s point of view, the suggestions are all at least cost-neutral and they would if sensitively implemented lead to both greater independence and prosperity for individuals in their retirement; and greater sustained economic growth for the whole nation.
- Professional Adviser: Ros Altmann must establish ‘grand vision for saving’
- IPE.com: UK pensions minister must lift auto-enrolment contributions – CPS
- The Actuary: Pensions minister urged to increase private pension age to 60 in 2024
- Mindful Magazine: A grand vision for savings: 11 recommendations for the new pensions minister
- Investment Week: Altmann must establish ‘grand vision for saving’