Daniel Mahoney and Tim Knox issued a prompt response to the Labour manifesto entitled “Labour’s Economic Illiteracy: A review of three centrepiece “revenue raisers”” which was picked up by a number of national newspapers.
Tim also wrote a piece for the Times Red Box.
- Tim Knox for The Times Red Box: Labour hasn’t accounted for the way tax affects behaviour (£) which is also available here
- The Telegraph: Labour manifesto would ‘bankrupt Britain’ with £250bn debt and biggest tax burden since 1950s
- Daily Mail: Corbyn’s plan to bankrupt the UK with a £30billion black hole and 1.3m middle class forced into super rich tax band
- Daily Mail: Labour would impose highest tax burden for seventy years but experts warn it still won’t pay for their fantasy spending
- The Sun: Former Labour minister Digby Jones claims ‘ignorant’ Jeremy Corbyn will spark an exodus from Britain
- Daily Express: Jeremy Corbyn’s spending spree ‘would create £58bn black hole paid for by British families’
- Morning Star: Flight of the Golden Geese?
- Public Finance: Doubt cast Labour’s general election tax hike plans would work
- CCH Daily: Labour manifesto: new tax band for high earners
- HR Director: CPS responds to Labour’s manifesto “economic illiteracy”
Date Added: Wednesday 17th May 2017