Today’s top stories from and about the CPS as well as some of the top content from the wider political web.
- Matt Qvortrup writes for the CPS blog on the possibility of a referendum for any reforms that drastically alter the House of Lords – It’s the Law: Why a referendum on Lords reform is constitutionally sound and desirable
- Head of Economic Research Ryan Bourne authored an article for City A.M.’s Forum page on our Mansion Tax paper – A so-called mansion tax will not achieve fairness and the revenue gain will be modest
- Stephen Glover blogged for the Mail’s Right Minds section against a proposed mansion tax and made reference to our paper – Flawed, unjust and driven by the politics of envy
- As did Benedict Brogan in his Telegraph blog – Budget 2012 holds terrible political dangers for George Osborne and David Cameron
A selection of good reads seen online today by the CPS team.
- Forget mansions and lower the 40p tax band – Ian Birrell, FT (£)
- Forget mansion tax. We need a windmill tax – Alice Thomson, The Times (£)
- The Lib Dems would tax semi-detached houses – if we let them get their way – Iain Martin, The Telegraph
- Don’t be fooled by a Mansion Tax – Matthew Elliott, Mail Right Minds
- Exclusive: Gov Response to Ken Slams Company Tax – Guido Fawkes’ Order-Order
- The Conservatives will lose in 2015. Thank God – Ed West, The Telegraph
- PMQ’s: Broken Promises, Broken Truce – Harry Cole, The Commentator
- Is 33-1 Galloway a good bet for the Bradford by-election? – Political Betting
- David Cameron’s weakness on Europe forced me to resign from Conservative Party job – Mark Pritchard, The Telegraph
- Spain’s sovereign thunderclap and the end of Merkel’s Europe – Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, The Telegraph
- Are free-market think tanks run by intelligent space lizards? Kristian Niemietz, IEA
- George Monbiot’s Abject Failure To Understand Ayn Rand – Charles Crawford, The Commentator
- The High Priests of Global Warming Have Lost Their Prestige And The Realists Are Winning The Debate – James Delingpole, The Commentator
- LulzSec leader Sabu was working for us, says FBI – Guardian Tech
- Negative campaigning – why I’m all for it – Dick Morris, The Times (£)
The CPS is not responsible for the content of external links, nor does it endorse the opinions contained within.
Date Added: Wednesday 7th March 2012