In this Centre for Policy Studies report, the former Head of the Prime Minister’s Policy Unit, Norman Balckwell, argues that:
- Future prosperity will not depend on getting back to where we were before the recession but on far-reaching reforms to improve productivity.
- Rather, future prosperity will depend on whether the Coalition can achieve reform today in five crucial reforms areas:
- restructuring public services
- raising the savings level
- focusing education on excellence
- developing education, health and science as export earners
- securing low-cost energy
- In only one of these five areas of reform is the Coalition making reasonable progress.
Norman Blackwell is available for interview and/or comment.
The full report can be downloaded from here. Please let me know if you would like a hard copy.
Date Added: Thursday 7th July 2011