The Centre for Policy Studies invites you to register for an upcoming webinar
Online Safety: Legal but Harmful?
Thursday 9 February, 12:00-13:00
- Matthew Hodgson, Technical Co-Founder – Matrix
- Dr Edina Harbinja, Senior Lecturer in Media/Privacy Law – Aston Law School
- Matthew Feeney, Head of Technology and Innovation – Centre for Policy Studies (Chair)
- Baroness Kidron, Member of the Draft Online Safety Bill Committee
- Will Moy, CEO – Full Fact
While its proponents view the Bill as necessary to ensure the safety of adults and children online, others argue that it presents a threat to free speech, competition, innovation and privacy. What is the scope of state responsibility on these matters? How do we strike the balance between censorship and free speech? How will the Bill impact the UK tech sector?
To discuss these issues, we are delighted to welcome an A-list cast of speakers for an online panel discussion chaired by CPS Head of Tech and Innovation Matthew Feeney.