For 2023 Margaret Thatcher Conference on Opportunity click here
14 November 2022
Growth has come to dominate the political conversation in the UK, with both main parties claiming the issue as their top priority. But what are the biggest obstacles to growth, both in the UK and internationally? And how can we ensure that we secure a strong and growing economy for all? These are just some of the key questions we’ll be discussing at this year’s Margaret Thatcher Conference on Growth.
Margaret Thatcher Conference on Growth speakers:
- The Rt Hon Michael Gove MP, Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
- Lord Michael Spencer, Chairman – CPS
- Chris Hayward, Chair of the Policy & Resources Committee – City of London Corporation
- Ian Stuart, CEO – HSBC UK
- Baroness Dambisa Moyo, Co-Principal – Versaca Investments
- Stephen King, Senior Economic Advisor – HSBC
- Fredrik Erixon, Founding Director – ECIPE
- Jeremy Warner, Assistant Editor – The Daily Telegraph
- Megan McArdle, Columnist – Washington Post
- Andrew Griffith MP, MP for Arundel and South Downs, Economic Secretary to the Treasury
- The Rt Hon Lord Dominic Johnson, Founding Partner and Chief Executive – Somerset Capital
- Sir Vince Cable, Visiting Professor – London School of Economics
- Charlotte Crosswell, Chair and Trustee – Open Banking LTD.
- Greg Jackson, CEO – Octopus Energy Group
- Sir John Peace, Chairman – Midlands Engine Partnership, Midlands Connect
- Ben Houchen, Mayor of Tees Valley
- Andy Haldane, CEO – RSA
- Juliet Samuel, Columnist – The Daily Telegraph
- Julian David, CEO – TechUK
- Tyler Cowen, Holbert L. Harris Professor of Economics – George Mason University
- Fraser Nelson, Editor – The Spectator Magazine
- Soumaya Keynes, Britain Economics Editor – The Economist
- Robert Colvile, Director – Centre for Policy Studies
The conference will take place in the afternoon of 14th November 2022, with a series of keynote speeches and panel discussions. It will focus on key aspects of the growth agenda, including regulation, trade, investment, enterprise, tax and financial services.
The conference will be followed by a dinner which will be addressed by a senior guest of honour. If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities or booking a table please email [email protected].
For media accreditation, please email [email protected]