Getting to Net Zero event series
Financing the Future – the role of financial services in getting the economy to Net Zero
in partnership with Aviva
- Guy Opperman MP, Minister for Pensions and Financial Inclusion
- Catherine Howarth, CEO, ShareAction
- Thomas Tayler, Senior Manager, Aviva Investors Sustainable Finance Centre for Excellence
- Dr Gerard Lyons, Chief Strategist – Netwealth and Advisory Board Member – Grantham Institute for Climate Change and the Environment
- Eamonn Ives, Head of Energy and Environment, Centre for Policy Studies (Chair)
We are delighted to invite you to join us for the final instalment in our event series, Getting to Net Zero. In this session, we will consider the whole financial system and what needs to happen in order for it to get adequate capital into Net Zero solutions as well as exploring the risk that climate change poses to the financial services sector.
The Getting to Net Zero series event has taken place over Autumn to coincide with COP26, hosted in partnership with Aviva. We have discussed the role of the transport, energy, and building sectors in getting to Net Zero as well as the political challenges involved. We look forward to wrapping up the series discussing the important role of financial services in the mission to reach Net Zero by 2050. You can catch up on the rest of the programme .
Wednesday 24th November
11.00 – 12.00
Register now to secure your place!