Clean Free Trade:
Championing free trade, economic growth and the environment
in partnership with
Conservative Environment Network
- The Rt Hon Greg Hands MP, Minister of State for Trade Policy
- Áslaug Arna Sigurbjörnsdóttir, Icelandic Justice Minister
- Jo Gideon MP, Stoke-on-Trent Central
- Sam Lowe, Senior Research Fellow – Centre for European Reform
- Eamonn Ives, Head of Energy and Environment – CPS (Chair)
For the first time in nearly half a century, the UK is crafting a trade policy entirely of its own making. Outside of the EU, the Government is keen to harness its new-found freedoms to deliver on its other objectives – not least decarbonising the economy and improving the environment.
How the UK can link its environmental goals with a liberalised trade policy is still up for discussion, and while many remain convinced the two are mutually exclusive ends, clean free trade can offer a cost-effective and economically beneficial pathway to meeting global environmental goals as well as a compelling global leadership opportunity for the UK.
This joint event between the Centre for Policy Studies and the Conservative Environment Network brings together senior politicians and a group of experts to discuss how to deliver a green, free trade policy for Britain.
Tuesday 20th July at 16.00 – 17.00